Be a Part of the Picture
The World of Chaldea is currently in production and we need you to help us round out the series. Our world is populated by humans, elves, halflings, vampires, mermaids and more. We are looking for fans of the series to become a part of the picture.
Part of our story is being told in graphic novel and motion comic form. Our artists are hard at work creating all of the characters that show up in our story-lines. But this world has many more people in it than only our main characters.
We want you to step onto our pages and be a part of the action. No previous acting experience is required.
How To Enter
Pick your character!
We need a variety of characters, from local folk to legionnaires, necromancers to knights, druids to drunks! Find one or more that inspire you from the list below.
Create a character to catch our eyes and inspire our artists. There is no need to spend scads of money! Toys can stand in for weapons. Pots and pans can become armor. Be creative!
If you need a bit more guidance, you can watch War Room and look at our concept art. Because it was based on a Dungeons and Dragons campaign that has been running for over 30 years, Chaldea has traditional fantasy roots. This is a world with dragons, elves, demons and creatures. It has been mixed with real-world places and times in history, like ancient Rome and Babylon. Our characters are also dealing with multiple pantheons of deities (Norse, Egyptian, Greek, etc.). And, don’t forget, there is more than a little magic in the world.
Strike a pose!
Take two photos of yourself in costume, one as a wide shot (full body) and one as a medium shot of your upper torso and face, so that our artists can draw you properly. (See our examples below.) Please do not send us photos of yourself nude or engaged in sex acts. Similarly, we promise not to depict your character as nude or performing sex acts. While Chaldea does have a significant degree of adult content it’s probably best if we use our imagination for this material.
Once you have taken your photos, post it to social media with the hashtags #WorldofChaldea and #PartOfThePicture
If your photo is chosen, it will be transformed by our artists into your own custom character and immortalized forever in the World of Chaldea graphic pages.
Our submission period will run from Wednesday, June 21, 2017, and ending September 15th, 2017. All photos must be in by 12pm on September 15th, 2017.
Casting for These Roles
Roles for Any Ethnicity or Gender
City folk: People you might while walking through a fantasy city. For example - merchants, peasants, carriage drivers, street vendors, farmers, bakers, flower purveyors, shop owners, youth, children, clerks, judges, nobles, socialites, servants, lovers.
Bard school folk: People you might see at a bardic university that’s mostly humans, elves, and halflings. For example - students, professors, musicians, elves.
News folk: People you might see in the office of Chaldea’s newspaper, The Kordavan Informant - reporters, typesetters, secretaries, clerks, young boys or girls who sell newspapers on the street.
Bar folk: People you might see in a bar, perhaps near the waterfront. For example - bartenders, wait staff, janitor, all manner of patrons but especially laborers, soldiers, rough-and-tumble types, and students.
Ship folk: People you might see on a ship. Mainly, sailors, pirates, and those who command them.
Black Daggers folk: People you’d find in a thieves’ guild. For example - sneaks, forgers, coin clippers, con artists, safe crackers, pick pockets, and thugs.
Brothel folk: People you’d see in a brothel. For example - prostitutes, madams, pimps, bouncers, and customers. (clothing is not optional here... its mandatory... keep it clean)
Counter-Culture folk: Tattoo artists, tattoo patrons, hookah séance participants, and drug addicts.
Roles for any ethnicity or gender
- Party guests (at a fancy ball)
- Elven soldiers
Middle Eastern descent, both genders:
All ethnicities, male:
- Stockyard workers
- Sons of workers
- Farmer (elderly)
- Dignitaries (elderly and young)
- Burly man
- Guards (dwarves)
- Handsome prince
- Handsome man
All ethnicities, male:
- Medieval soldiers
- Medieval guards
- Medieval knights
- Medieval horsemen
- Gate sentries
- Herren (lords)
- Royal guards
- Security guards
- Cavalry soldiers
- 10th legion commanders
- 10th legion soldiers
All ethnicities, female:
- Military officers
- Bar wenches
- Beautiful witch
- Cook (60s)
- Frauen (ladies)
- Medieval young women
Middle Eastern descent, male:
- Sirkatu (warriors)
- Attendants to Noble Women
Middle Eastern descent, female:
African descent, both genders:
- Worshippers of Isis
- Soldiers of the Church of Isis
- Worshippers of Set
- Soldiers of the Church of Set
Asian descent, both genders:
If you are cast as an extra, here’s an example of how we will transform your photograph(s) into a Chaldea character.
All photos submitted become the property of Chaldea. Ages 13 and up. No purchase required, void where prohibited.
1) Eligibility: This Chaldea Extras Casting Call is open only to those who post photographs on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the hashtag #WorldOfChaldea and/or #PartOfThePicture and who are 13 years old as of the date of entry. The Casting Call is only open to legal residents of The United States and Canada, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2) Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Extra (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Chaldea as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Casting Call.
3) Casting Call Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Wednesday, June 21, 2017, and ending September 15th, 2017.
4) How to Enter: The Casting Call must be entered by posting your submission posting to social media on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the hashtag #WorldOfChaldea or #PartOfThePicture while including text describing what role or roles you are applying for. The entry must fulfill all Casting Call requirements, as specified, to be considered for the role. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Chaldea. Do not submit nude or obscene photographs; applicants submitting nude or obscene photographs will be immediately disqualified.
5) Cast Selection and Notification: Extras will be selected by the director. If you are selected you will be notified by the social media platform you used for your submission and you will be asked to sign a Likeness Rights Release. There will be no monetary compensation for us using your likeness.
6) Rights Granted by You: By entering this Casting Call (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Chaldea LLC, and any legally authorized partner of Chaldea, including Chaldea’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Casting Call, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. These aforementioned rights to use of your likeness will be limited, however, to the role you are cast in. By entering this Casting Call, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship (meaning, that you own the copyright to your photographs), and that your photographs do not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your photographs infringe upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Chaldea. If your photographs are claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Chaldea from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Chaldea may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
7) Terms & Conditions: Chaldea reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Casting Call should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Chaldea’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Casting Call. In such case, Chaldea may select the Extras from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Chaldea. Chaldea reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Casting Call or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Casting Call may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Chaldea reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8) Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Chaldea and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Casting Call and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
9) Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND Washington state, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11) The Chaldea Extras Casting Call is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media website.
Casting Call is hosted by Chaldea and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.